Monday, March 31, 2008

WS #6: Remember Me?





"Remember Me" is my first encounter with Sophie Kinsella, famed author of the Shopaholic series. I didn't have second thoughts about buying this because I knew for a fact that the Shopaholic books are certified bestsellers. This book kept me company on the very late nights of (Good) Friday and (Black)Saturday before Easter. I did finish the book in two nights, not counting the few minutes I was able to steal while inside a moving car.

Unfortunately, the book didn't quite excite me as I hoped and thought it would. I could hardly be considered a book critic because my reading repertoire during my younger years were limited to romance novels...and of late, children's book, cookbooks and a few metaphysical ones. Hee hee! But I do think I know my way around romances. I specially like them to give me tickles, goosebumps, butterflies in my stomach and everything else associated with sappy love stories. Hee hee!

While I did manage to finish the book in two sittings, it was out of an urgent need to get it over and done with and to get myself out of my misery as quickly as possible. Next time, I'll probably just stick to the best sellers...at least, where Sophie is concerned.

Have a great week, everyone! Oh yeah, I have another WS entry here. :)

6 comments:

maryt/theteach said...

Hey MM, thanks for the book review! I've seen this book in Barnes & Noble. I'll pass it up! Thanks! Come visit my WS! :D

Munchkin Mommy said...

Hi TT!:D You're welcome. Yes, it might be a good idea to pass on this one. :) I'll hop on over to your site now. :)

Barb said...

I'm an avid reader, but I must confess to never having heard of this author. I do enjoy one semi-romance novelist, Luanne Rice. But since her books went from paperback release to hardcover, I've not enjoyed her as much. ;(

The books I read tend to be either non-fiction, mental health, self-help and biblical prophesy.

Anonymous said...

wow, you're the nth person to tell me that the book, eherm, sucked. hehe!

kaya hindi rin ako nagmamadali to read it kasi i have yet to be motivated by a positive review. oh well. :P

SandyCarlson said...

I enjoyed your review of that book. Don't sell yourself short! God bless.

♥SomethingPurple♥ said...

i agree weng, this book bored me. for some reason, I can now predict Sophie K's ending? parang pelikulang pinoy noh hhahahah!

Undomestic Goddess is by far the most hilarious for me heheh!

tagged you! http://www.mysomethingpurple.com/2008/04/lve-dna.html